London Link Group events are Quaker events and so Quaker values and practices underlie the way we work together. We are committed to providing an environment in which all young people and volunteers are valued and respected as individuals and Quaker values are upheld in what we do, the way we act and the way we treat each other. As a volunteer team we are role models to the young people and should bear this in mind at all times. In order to ensure a successful and safe event we ask all volunteers to read and sign these guidelines.
- Treat all young people with respect and dignity and be aware of your language, tone of voice and body language.
- Encourage an atmosphere of mutual trust, support and care.
- Be prepared to be on time for all sessions, meetings and jobs. Sessions are not optional unless it is your time off.
- Equal Opportunities: London Link Group wishes to include everyone; no-one should feel excluded or isolated because of race, age, gender, disability, sexuality, culture or social background. Please consider how you can contribute to an inclusive atmosphere.
- It is important that you observe the health and safety rules which apply to the site, including any off-limits areas.
- There should be no smoking, alcohol or illegal substances on site at any time.
Additionally at residential events:
- Recognise when you are too tired or stressed to work cooperatively and inform the Event Co-ordinators if this situation arises or you are concerned that it may.
- If you are unable to do a job or are likely to be late then please arrange for someone to cover for you.
- If you need to make a change to your night duty or job allocations please talk to the Event Co-ordinators.
- If you need to leave the site for a cigarette please inform the Event Co-ordinators.
The Event Co-ordinators have overall responsibility for the London Link Group event. This includes the site, young people and volunteers. If you have any concerns about anything during the event it is important that you discuss them with the Event Co-ordinators.
I have read and understood these guidelines and agree that I will abide by them during London Link group events.