Boundaries for participants attending LLG Virtual Teenage Meeting (VTM)
- When sharing things do be aware that you do not know who is in the rooms of other participants.
- Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking. This stops lots of distracting background noise.
- Don’t all shout at once: Try not to talk over one another. Indicate before you speak by raising your hand or typing ‘+’ in the chat (the facilitator will then call on you to speak), so that we do not talk on top of each other and that everyone feels included.
- Be inclusive and respectful. As Quakers we believe in the equality of everyone and it is important that everyone attempts to get on well with each other to build a sense of community. No-one should feel excluded or isolated because of race, age, gender, ability, sexuality, culture or class.
- We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable so please think carefully about the words you use, jokes you tell and any actions which may be hurtful and upset others. Please be considerate of others and think about how you can contribute to an inclusive atmosphere.
- No smoking or drinking; do not attend drunk or high.
- Be respectful of people’s personal information. Confidentiality is important: don’t gossip about or share things that have been said in this group without the person’s permission.
- Don’t take screenshots or photographs of the zoom (including games, drawings or shared media) without prior permission.
- Speak to an adult if you have any concerns. Concerns can also be sent to Augene, LL Clerk, via email firstname.lastname@example.org (who will liaise with the LL Safeguarding Officer).
- If an adult volunteer is concerned about anything you have shared, they are required to pass this information on – to keep you safe. They will keep you informed with what’s happening unless doing so would put you or others at risk.